What is a Character Community?
A Character Community is one in which members of the community work together to nurture positive character attributes.
It requires a shift in thinking and a focus on attitudes and behaviours that lead to achievement and success.
Character is important
Good character makes a positive difference in our families, schools, businesses and neighbourhoods by acting as a catalyst for positive change and citizen engagement.
A Character Community attracts people and businesses of character and acts as a driver for economic growth and prosperity.
The Character Community encourages businesses to:
- Identify what the business stands for
- Establish ethical business practices
- Emphasize customer-service
- Foster strong Character employees
- Develop business leaders of Character
- Give back to their community
For more information on our Character 4 Organizations (C4O) workshops and resources please click here.
Following are some interesting articles on "Leading with Character":